The Kodo Kit for Teaching Strategies
Selected for their versatility, durability, and appeal to young children, this overall collection includes sixteen unique tools and products. It features a set of Kodo’s All-purpose Ramps, handcrafted wooden manipulatives, and an intriguing Rainbow Pegboard, all of which are certain to increase engagement and elicit wonder and hands-on play. This classroom set also includes a packet of downloadable resources for teachers and access to a 30-minute virtual training course on implementing the materials.
- All Purpose Ramps Set - Constructed of heavy duty plastic these 22” ramps can be used with virtually any wet or dry material. Use indoors and outdoors.
- Antics Blocks - Made exclusively for Kodo this set of 16 blocks feature marching ants on all sides for children to arrange as they wish.
- Building Sticks -Use for tabletop or block play, this set of 18 building sticks includes 6 each of cherry, maple and walnut. Each is handcrafted and finished with beeswax.
- Count & Thread Stones - Appealing threading pieces are made to look like big buttons, each within a family of 5 stones featuring holes for threading. Children can sort and string them by color, shape, or number of holes. Includes 3 laces.
- Harlekino - Color variations and changing shapes are created when cards are placed on top of one another. Includes 60 clear plastic placement cards in red, yellow, and blue
- Makedo Scrudrivers & Srus - A pack of 160 reusable Makedo Scrus and 4 Makedo Scru drivers for children to turn ordinary cardboard into structures and play props
- Marble Maze Ramps - Set of sixteen wooden Marble Maze pieces for children to arrange in descending order. Includes 30 marbles in assorted colors.
- Rainbow Pegboard - Stunning solid birch pegboard slots into feet which allow it to be free standing on a tabletop, floor, or shelf. Includes 120 transparent acrylic color pegs in a cloth storage bag.
- See Inside Pipe Set of 2 - Two 1 ft. See Inside Pipes can be used on their own or compliment ramp and block play. Sturdy pieces are also for use with water and natural materials. Can also be used with existing 2″ plumbing fittings.
- Small Funnel Stand - Elevate sensory play with this unique tool. Includes 2 plastic funnels and one scoop. Use with wet and dry materials indoors and out.
- Stackable Pans Set of 3 - Use for cooking, sensory, art, and discovery experiences. Includes three 6” stackable aluminum pans. Great with wet and dry materials indoors and out.
- Treasure Tubes - Set of eight cylindrical, transparent acrylic tubes have removable covers. They hold small objects to observe, display, or rattle. Tubes can be stacked.
- Tunnels Set of 2 - Heavy duty plastic tunnels for use with ramps, blocks, and in the sensory bin. Set of two measure 10” x 4” long. Use indoors and out.
- Water Canvas - Water canvas can be cut to fit individual trays or sized for your easel. Children apply water with fingers or brushes and bold lines appear. Marks evaporate within minutes. For use with water only.
- Wheels Pack - Thirty wooden wheels in 3 sizes include a canvas storage bag. Use for small construction, counting, ordering, sorting, and force and motion experiences.
Wood Balls - Ten 1.75” wood balls to use with ramps, tunnels, and pipes. Combine with your existing classroom collection for comparison and testing.
Downloadable Teacher Resources - Alignments to The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool Interest Areas, Studies, and objectives for development and learning
Free Professional Development - A 30-minute virtual training course on implementing the open-ended materials in this kit.
Product age ratings:
- All-Purpose Ramps, See Inside Pipe, Small Funnel Stand, Stackable Pans, and Tunnels are appropriate for ages 18M+
- Antic Blocks, Builidng Sticks, Count & Thread Stones, and Rainbow Pegboard are appropriate for ages 2+
- Haelekino, Makedo Tools, marble Maze Ramps, Treasure Tubes, Water Canvas, Wheels pack, and Wood Balls are appropriate for age 3+
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - This contains small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
- NOT FOR RESALE
- To learn more about our other classroom materials, click here.
- To learn more about The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool, click here.
- To learn more about Kodo, click here.