Kodo Discovery Comprehensive Kit
Kodo's Light Laboratory is the centerpiece of this robust collection of tools and open-ended parts selected to elevate wonder, discovery, and learning in your The Creative Curriculum® classroom. This collection features beautiful, open-ended parts handcrafted using natural materials; a compelling Marble Rubber Ramp set; wooden tiles; and much more, all designed to support physical and earth science concepts, mathematics learning, and cooperative play.
- Activity Tray: The Activity Tray creates a focused and portable activity space for art, sensory play, small construction, and ramp experiences. This 24" x 24" magnetic steel tray is watertight and framed in birch.
- Marble Rubber Ramp Set: Children explore cause and effect relationships, speed, gravity, and force as they build roller coaster-like courses. It includes:
- Three Marble Rubber Ramp sections, 8’ each
- Five steel balls
- 30 assorted color marbles
- Canvas storage bag
- Wooden Tubes: 16 handcrafted pieces in four sizes encourage sorting, ordering, and adding when combined with classroom manipulatives. They also combine perfectly as tunnels with our Marble Rubber Ramp.
- Mini Wooden Bowls: Handcrafted wooden bowls are perfect for arranging, stacking, counting, and sorting small, natural materials such as seeds and shells.
- Small Earth Colors Wool Balls: The soft colors and natural texture of these wool balls appeal to the senses. The set includes 49 1.5" wool balls in seven colors: cream, gray, blue, sage, gold, brick, and taupe.
- Gem Spinner: In addition to motor skills and visual perception development, the gem spinner will help children gain their first experiences with color mixing and physical laws, such as rotation and kinetic energy.
- Rainbow Pegs Pack, Full Set: This set includes 60 acrylic pegs, 3/4" in diameter and approximately 2.75" long. The set includes 10 each in red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and purple and come in a canvas storage bag.
- Natural Shape Viewers: Support children to focus their attention on details during observations with these 5 natural wood viewers.
- Animal Habitats Matching Tiles: Children match the animal with its habitat while at play with this beautiful game featuring wooden tiles.
- Large Sorting Tray: This wood-framed tray with a write-and-wipe surface is perfect for examining children's treasures and loose parts. The tray is divided into 1/4 and 3/4 sections.
- Endless Pattern Tiles: 104 pattern tiles give children endless possibilities for creating lines, curves, loops, and more, perfect for a Discovery or manipulatives area. The wooden tiles come in a cloth storage bag.
Kodo Light Laboratory
- Light Lab Panel: With the only light panel that allows direct physical control of color mixing, simply adjust the amounts of red, blue, and green for infinite color combinations. The Light Lab Panel also includes one screen protector.
- Messy Materials Tray: This clear, round 25” tray is made to fit perfectly on the Light Lab but can also be used on a table or floor to hold sensory materials.
- Light Lab Drawing Board: The clear Drawing Board protects your Light Lab Panel during artistic endeavors, while giving children an illuminated canvas. It works with any dry-erase pencil or dry-erase crayon.
- Light Lab Weaving Ring: The four pieces fit together like a puzzle that can be placed on top of the Light Lab or any surface. String yarn or elastic loops around the pegs to create a variety of shapes by weaving and looping around the circle.
- Light Lab Marble Board: Colors from the Light Lab shine through small marble-sized holes into frosted marbles, creating designs, patterns, and works of art. The marble board comes with 480 frosted marbles in a variety of colors.
- Light Lab Storage Pod: This birch base holds all the accessories for your Light Laboratory.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - This contains small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Product Age Ratings:
- Activity Tray and Gem Spinner are appropriate for 18 months +
- Kodo Light Lab Panel, Natural Shape Viewers & Rainbow Pegs Pack are appropriate for ages 2+
- Light lab Marble Board, Light Lab Weaving Ring, Light Lab Drawing Board, Endless Pattern Tiles, Messy Materials Tray, Large Sorting Tray, Animal Habitats Matching Tiles, Small Earth Colors Wool Balls, Mini Wooden Bowls, Marble Rubber Ramp Set & Wooden Tubes are appropriate for ages 3+
Please Note: NOT FOR RESALE
- To learn more about The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool, click here.
- To learn more about Kodo, click here.
- To learn more about our other Classroom Materials, click here.