Nonfiction Children's Books for Kindergarten
The Best of Nonfiction Children’s Books for Kindergarten Collection promote literacy skills as students explore nonfiction books and build the foundational skills and understandings they need to interpret and analyze informational text in the later elementary grades. These original titles by Teaching Strategies authors focus on a wide variety of topics that are relevant to kindergarten students’ experiences. Each book includes developmentally appropriate definitions of potentially unfamiliar vocabulary.
- 5 nonfiction books (1 teacher and 1 student [reader] version of each, or 10 books total):
- Can You Feel the Rhythm?
- What Can a Seed Make?
- What Should We Build?
- What’s Your Sport?
- Who Works at the Grocery Store?
- To learn more about The Creative Curriculum® for Kindergarten, click here.
- To learn more about our whole-child approach to learning, click here.
- For information about The Creative Curriculum®, Digital Resources, click here.