Teaching Guide featuring the Boxes Study
This Teaching Guide leads teachers through the process of conducting an investigation of boxes with children. The daily plans help teachers individualize instruction, provide meaningful learning experiences, address objectives for development and learning, and successfully engage families in their children’s learning.
The Teaching Guide featuring the Boxes Study:
- Includes Book Discussion Cards™ and 3 related children’s books
- Includes 1 nonfiction book: The Business of Boxes
- Explores questions such as "What can we do with boxes?" and "Which jobs use boxes?"
- Builds on a topic of great interest to young children, who use their imaginations to create special play places, spaceships, castles, and caves out of boxes
- Features a wealth of rich opportunities for teaching math, including comparing and measuring and exploring concepts of geometry
- Presents opportunities for cognitive development as children invent and imagine, solve problems, and learn new ways to use boxes