Teaching Guide featuring the Exercise Study
This Teaching Guide leads teachers through the process of conducting an investigation of exercise with children. The daily plans help teachers individualize instruction, provide meaningful learning experiences, address objectives for development and learning, and successfully engage families in their children’s learning. Includes:
- 3 Book Discussion Cards™ and 11 related children’s books
- 1 nonfiction book: Exercise: Let's Move and Play
- Explores questions such as "How do our bodies work when we exercise?" and "What do our bodies need in order to move?"
- Combines young children’s propensity for near-constant motion with their innate curiosity about how things work
- Builds on children’s natural desire to move and be active
- Helps children develop an understanding of the mechanics of movement and the relationship between exercise and nutrition, healthy bones, and strong muscles