Teaching Guide featuring the Music Making Study
This Teaching Guide leads teachers through the process of conducting an investigation of music making with children. The daily plans help teachers individualize instruction, provide meaningful learning experiences, address objectives for development and learning, and successfully engage families in their children’s learning. Includes:
- 3 Book Discussion Cards™ and 3 related children’s books
- 1 nonfiction book: Making Music With Instrument Families
- Explores questions such as "What instruments can we play by hitting, tapping, or shaking them?" and "How can we make music with our voices?"
- Builds upon children’s natural interest in music, helping them understand how music is made, learn new ways to generate sound, and perform and experiment with musical instruments
- Offers rich cultural and community extensions, inviting family involvement and participation to influence the direction of the study
- Presents opportunities for children to develop new vocabulary as they are introduced to music-related words and concepts.