Al's Pals: Kids Making Healthy Choices
Foster resiliency in young children when it’s needed the most.
Al’s Pals, a nationally recognized and evidence-based comprehensive social–emotional learning curriculum and professional development program designed to meet the specific needs of preschool children, is now part of the Teaching Strategies family. Al’s Pals helps develop the foundational skills children need for success in school and life by promoting social-emotional skills like self-control, problem solving, and healthy decision-making for children. Designed for children ages 3-6, Al’s Pals includes developmentally appropriate, puppet-based lessons, impactful teaching approaches, and family resources available in English and Spanish. Endorsed by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) and National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning, Al’s Pals is based on resiliency frameworks and aligned to the Teaching Strategies Objectives for Development and Learning and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework.
- 46 lessons that facilitate large-group interactive discussions and problem-solving experiences
- Puppet Scripts and Helpful Hints
- 3 puppets
- 38 diverse photos representing themes directly related to core concept of the lesson
- 2 classroom posters
- 2 children’s books
- 4 emotion cards
- 8 packs of “Al-a-gram” certificates to recognize pro-social skills
- completion certificate
Songs and Songbook:
- 12 songs that reinforce lessons and core concepts (In English and Spanish)
- Repetitive, clear easy words for children to use and sing
- Family-Facing Content:
- 8 recognition certificates, 15 family letters, and 1 completion certificate
- Family-friendly language available in both English and Spanish
- To learn more about Al's Pals, click here.