Teaching Guide featuring the Pets Study
This Teaching Guide leads teachers through the process of conducting an investigation of pets with children. The daily plans help teachers individualize instruction, provide meaningful learning experiences, address objectives for development and learning, and successfully engage families in their children’s learning. Includes:
- 3 Book Discussion Cards™ and 3 related children’s books
- 1 nonfiction book: The Pets We Love
- Explores questions such as "How do we care for pets?" and "How do pets make us feel?"
- Builds on children’s interest in watching animals and imitating animals’ movements, sounds, and expressions
- Presents opportunities for social–emotional development, helping children understand the importance of taking care of pets, showing affection, being sensitive to others’ needs, and developing lasting friendships